[Easytag-mailing] Tag Edit and Certain Punctuation Marks

I have the fill tag scanner set up to replace underscores with space and %20 with
space and the rename file scanner the same.

What I have not experienced before is problems with certain punctuation marks, so far
the question mark ? colon: and inverted commas ".

For reasons I do not understand these have been picked up by the scanner and a
conversion offered such as double inverted commas changed to single and question
mark changed to underscore.  I have accepted these changes in my ignorance,
assuming they were for good reason but now I find that another file has been created
so I have two files where there was one.  Very tricky in the middle of an opera.  Even
more tricky is to know which one to erase.

Please could somebody tell me what is going on and what I shold do to avoid this in
future.  It has messed up the work of many hours!!!

Regards,
Alastair.