Re: [Easytag-mailing] Album Artist

On Wed, 7 Dec 2011 17:26:04 +0100
Johnny Rosenberg <gurus knugum gmail com> wrote:

> > I set "Album Artist" to "test"
> >
> > $ metaflac --export-tags-to=-
> > 01-01-Telemann-Du-aber-Daniel-gehe-hin--Sonata.flac TITLE=Sonata 1
> > ARTIST=Gli Angeli Geneve
> > ALBUM=Du aber Daniel gehe hin
> > DISCNUMBER=01
> > DATE=2007
> > TRACKNUMBER=01
> > TRACKTOTAL=17
> > GENRE=Classical
> > DESCRIPTION=Stephan Macleod, German Baroque Cantatas
> > COMMENT=Stephan Macleod, German Baroque Cantatas
> > COMPOSER=Telemann
> >
> > Where is this field stored?
>
> Tags in FLAC files are stored as text at the beginning of the file.
> You can open a FLAC file with a hexadecimal editor, such as GHex2
> (available in Ubuntu's repositories – you didn't mention what
> distribution you have, though), and you will then see every tag there
> is. If it's not there, it doesn't exist.

I run "Debian testing", And indeed, they are stored there. Now that
we're talking about storing tags: I see the cover (loaded from
"cover.jpg") shows up as the filename. Is the cover a pointer to a file
or is the image, in one way or the other, stored within the flac file?

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak
aloud and remove all doubt.

| Richard Lucassen, Utrecht                                        |
| Public key and email address:                                    |
| http://www.lucassen.org/mail-pubkey.html                         |