Re: [Easytag-mailing] [flac] comment and description fields

On 6 December 2011 08:20, richard lucassen <mailinglists lucassen org> wrote:
> I found out that Easytag writes two fields when editing the "Comment"
> field: COMMENT and DESCRIPTION. When setting either one of the fields
> to "text", Easytag shows "text" in both cases.
>
> I think this was done intentionally. Does anyone know the reason why?

Yep, older versions of Winamp erroneously support COMMENT= instead of
DESCRIPTION=.
(XMMS did worse, and there's still an ogg tag config option in easytag for it).

See this thread from 2006:
  http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/message.php?msg_id=2206417

ciao
  Mark