Re: [Easytag-mailing] Process Fields Functionality

Le Wed, 25 Aug 2010 22:11:01 +0100
Richard Jolly <richard jolly gmail com> a écrit

> Is there anyway or can a patch be created to improve the "Process
> Fields" functionality? Let me explain:
>
> I frequently need to "unpick" previous tagging whereby the track
> number 1 is embedded into the file name and the mp3 does not have any
> title or track tags at all:
>
> Filename = 1.Love Me Do
>
> What I would like to do is take character "1" and process that into
> the Track Tag field - ideally a wildcard that could be applied on any
> numerical value
>
> The I would like to process the Title field from the 2nd part of the
> filename.

Hi Richard.

If I understand correctly what you wrote, Easytag has indeed already
such a feature.

Just select the files you want to process, right click and select
Scanner > Fill tags...

You then just have to enter the pattern you want to match. In your
example, it would be %n.%t.

Best regards,
Emmanuel