Re: [Easytag-mailing] [patch] better Ogg Vorbis detection

On Sat, Sep 05, 2009 at 11:13:51PM +0200, Jérôme COUDERC wrote:
> Hi,

Hi Jérôme,

> Patch applied but was kept the message "AC_MSG_CHECKING(for Ogg Vorbis
> file support) " as it is done for others libraries

OK.

> For changing names I'm not sure it is a good idea as for people OGG is
> clearest than VORBIS, isn't it?

Most users don't know the difference between the container Ogg and the
codec Vorbis, but they know "Ogg Vorbis".

There's:
   --disable-ogg           Disable support for Ogg Vorbis files
   --disable-speex         Disable support for Ogg Speex files

That's confusing, and the confusion seems to go through the code of
EasyTAG. E.g. I doubt there's a strong technical reason for the Speex
support to require the Vorbis libraries (as is currently).

> Regards,
> Jérôme

cu
Adrian