[Easytag-mailing] No "Album Artist" Field or Equivalent

I have tested and used EasyTag for quite awhile and I must say it is
an excellent id3-based editor. There is just one thing that is
preventing me from sticking with EasyTag (in favor of mp3tag). I know
that the ID3 specification does not immediately acknowledge an "Album
Artist" or equivalent field. However, I have found that many popular
MP3 players and software managers support using the "band" tag as the
Album Artist field. I know for a fact that Ipods and Zunes both
support this functionality, and so does the software for each device.
Foobar has an interesting implementation of it was well, but I don't
think it should be considered.

In any case, while mp3tag does not offer this field, it is possible to
set the tag manually by adding an extra editor field "band". EasyTag
does not have this flexibility, so I am personally petitioning that
EasyTag be equipped with an Album Artist field which edits the band
field in all ID3 based music files. The discovery of this tag's
functionality has made managing my music collection so much easier,
because there are lots of "Various Artist" CD's out there which
confuses software into thinking that each artist on the CD has its own
album entitled itself, which is very messy and unnecessary. On my Zune
device I can toggle whether my artists are displayed using the
"Artist" or "AlbumArtist". This prevents people from having to
concatenate 30+ title names with artist names, causing EasyTag to
truncate the Title and ultimately destroy music metadata.

Please seriously consider adding this functionality to EasyTag.

Sincerely,
--
Michael Short
Securenets