Re: [Easytag-mailing] Request for feature

As an ordinary easytag user I believe tagging a cuesheet file is quite a useful feature, as image+cue are prevailing among high-quality pursuers. I hope implementing this feature is trivial as it's just to edit a text file :)

phoenix wrote:
Hi everyone!
I am using easytag for long time and I think that this app is great!.
But I am missing for some new important features

1. Changing filenames even if it is *.wav *.ddd *.txt or
whatever. Why I need this and why i think is extremly useful.
Imagine that you have a set of *.wav files and you want to change their
filenames. You are making custom cddb in easy tag and then want to
change filenames based on your search.

2. Creating simple *.cue based on custom cddb search.
Format of such *.cue file should be like follow:

At the begining of file...
PERFORMER "performer_from_cddb"
TITLE "title_from_cddb (year)"
and then for each track..
FILE "track_number dash track_name_from_cddb.extension" file_type
  TRACK track_number_two_digits_long AUDIO
    TITLE "name_from_cddb"
    PERFORMER "performer_from_cddb"
    INDEX 00 00:00:00

The sections
TITLE "title_from_cddb (year)"
and
FILE "track_number dash track_name_from_cddb extension" file_type
could be customized - like now you can customize file name using %n - %t
and the file_type is TYPICALLY WAV but it could be also some other
lossless format like FLAC APE and so on.

It shouldn't be a problem to do such thing - cause whole logic (%n %t
and so on) is already included in easytag.

Greg

(Sorry for my english)