Re: [Easytag-mailing] Easytag Configuration

Hi Alastair,

I am not sure if I fully understand what your problems are, but may
the following help you:

On Wed, 14 Jun 2006, Alastair wrote:

> I do have a problem with the default behaviour however and I cannot
> save changes to the config settings without including a player.

That's strange. Saving settings should work no matter what the setting
for the player is. I can even set this to a non-existent player.

Maybe there is another problem with your installation. I am running
Debian, so, I am afraid I can't help much with this.

> I do not want Easytag to use any player.

You don't have to.

> In fact I do not want Easytag to do anything until I tell it, but it
> insists on scanning as soon as I start it and whenever I change
> directory it asks if I want to save changes etc. even though I have
> not willingly made any.

First of all, of course, you have to make it save your preferences.
Otherwise, changing the settings won't help :/

Then, I suggest the following settings in "Preferences"
  Browser tab: Deselect "Search subdirectories"
  Misc tab: Deselect "Replace illegal characters in filenames"
    Convert filename extension to: ... No change.
  Confirmation tab: whatever pleases you.

Hope that helps,

--
-- Andreas