RE: [Easytag-mailing] Freezing when searching CDDB

--- Timo Reimann <ttr2654 yahoo de> wrote:
> Hope this can be fixed soon for easytag truly is an
> amazing tag editor and CDDB is as vital as the air
> that I breathe. :)

I finally found a workaround: After I switched from
the standard freedb server to one local to my country
(Germany, freedb.freedb.de), I haven't suffered a
single application lock-up in approximately 5 hours of
MP3 tagging and CDDB-consulting with easytag.

I am not sure if switching the CDDB server is a proper
fix to this issue, however. Could be that it actually
has something to do with erroneous/missing network
failure detection but I'm not delving into easytag
code to find that out -- I'm happy for the moment. :)

--Timo