[Easytag-mailing] Re: Freezing when searching CDDB

(sorry for not quoting at all but my mailing list
subscription took place after the posting of the OP)

I can absolutely confirm and reproduce the behavior
which the OP described. Using Ubuntu Breezy (5.10), I
tried both an Ubuntu-packaged version of easytag
1.99.10 and the official 1.99.11 compiled from
tarball: In both cases, easytag freezes on sporadic
CDDB lookups. Even after an hour of waiting, the
application doesn't respond to interactions (apart
from kill'ing).

Even if I start easytag from console to watch logging
output, nothing related to the freezing can be
observed.

I remember the very same issue affecting a former
version of easytag which was filed as a bug and fixed
in 1.99.8 (possibly only) within the Debian
packagement system:

And by the way, my Internet connection usually is
rock-solid (DSL line). I haven't changed the default
CDDB server setting.

Hope this can be fixed soon for easytag truly is an
amazing tag editor and CDDB is as vital as the air
that I breathe. :)

Bye,

--Timo