Re: [Easytag-mailing] easytag ported to win32 native!

Xavier Degeneve a écrit :

Hello,

Thanks a lot for this great achievement. I started the job (Mingw) some weeks ago :-) but due to lack of time I postponed it. See http://www.degeneve.net/dotclear/index.php/?q=easytag my post if it can help you if some issues remains. (French, but I can translate if you want).

No need to translate, I'm french ;) ! I had pretty much all the issues you had and got a little further:

- gtk library location are automatically detected on startup (gaim code)
- locale automatically detected (gaim code). can be overriden with EASYTAGLANG - the home user directory is set to c:\Documents and settings\user\application data - the audio player is autodetected by looking into the registry (foobar and winamp for now)
- launching the audio player works using CreateProcess()

didn't know about _mkstemp ! going to use it

About Drive change (Windows world instead of Unix), may The GIMP port can help. I begin to browse the gimp source code and found some interesting good parts.

I did that yesterday looking at GTK 2.6 gtkfilesystemwin32.c for inspiration. wanted to use GtkFileSystem to see 2h later it was not meant for public use..bummer! Most of the little bugs remaining are filesystem naming issues that trigger the "unknown directory" popup. So most testing will be about the filesystem and be sure that every functionality works. There's some work to be done with the directory input text if the user type path with \ (inernally everything is done with / which is compatible with win32 and unix)

If you need help, or at least beta test I can provide some support :-)

No problem I will post test binaries later today !

Michael