[Easytag-mailing] Re: 16bit id3v2 tags status?

Hey,

You guys might be happy to hear that I've had a patch for EasyTag 0.31
(the gtk2 release) which made it uses TagLib instead of id3lib. I used
the C++ interface (and Jerome isn't opposing that), and thus I was able
to properly add Unicode tags. It was checking the string, and if it had
any characters which couldn't be represented by Latin-1, it made that
certain text frame Unicode (UTF-16 or UTF-8, I don't remember).

I'm currently working to re-integrate this patch into 1.99.1. It
might require some additional work, as more fields were added and
there's a pending patch for ID3v2 picture embedding which I want to
reimplement with TagLib as well.

Stay tuned for more news. Of course, I'll be glad to have some of you
as beta testers once the patch is out :)