Re: [Easytag-mailing] ogg files and ID information

Hi François,

I'm not sure that it is correct to add ID3 tags to ogg files, as they have their own system of tag.
By the way, note that for these files EasyTAG doesn't read the ID3 tag...

Jerome

François Duprez wrote:
Hi all,

I have something strange, but i think it's not entirly easytag fault..
;).

I got some ogg files, with in the files (i think) mp3 ID tags. So if i
want to change this with easytag, it gives a error. If i rename the
file to.mp3 the original tag apears and i can change the fields. But i
can't change it when they are named *.ogg..

Is there a option in easytag i don't see, so i can change this
behaviour? Or is this a fault.. (In XMMS is also not possible to change
the tags) But XMMS detects the files as ogg files

And why can't easytag detect a file format, not by extension but with
the file contents??

Thanks in advance... :)

Francois