Re: [Easytag-mailing] Compilation problems

On Sunday 06 April 2003 22:38, Jérôme COUDERC wrote:
> Just use the patch available on the site for EasyTAG 0.27. It will solve
> your problem

Thanks that got compilation to finish, but I've ended up with the run time
errors I got from the per-compiled version.

What I see on my console is pasted at the end.  The program starts with both
the main and the mask gui.  It very briefly starts searching before crashing.
What could be wrong now?  I did some tests, and if I force it to open in a
directory which has no mp3 files (including in sub-dir) then all is OK - it
seems to be when it finds an mp3 file that my problems begin.

I've tried the gdb command (I don't know how to use gdb, so just followed the
instructions) but all I get is

GNU gdb 5.3-22mdk (Mandrake Linux)
This GDB was configured as "i586-mandrake-linux-gnu"...
(no debugging symbols found)...
/home/simon/core: No such file or directory.

Sim

Starting EasyTAG 0.27a ...
Currently using id3lib version 3.8.2 ...

Can't open configuration file '/home/simon/.easytag/easytagrc' (No such file
or directory)
Can't open file '/home/simon/.easytag/browser_path.history' (No such file or
directory)
Can't open file '/home/simon/.easytag/scan_tag.mask' (No such file or
directory)
Can't open file '/home/simon/.easytag/rename_file.mask' (No such file or
directory)
EasyTAG: Abnormal exit!.
Received signal SIGSEGV (11)
You have probably found a bug in EasyTAG. Please, send a bug report with a gdb
backtrace ('gdb easytag core' then 'bt') to j couderc ifrance com
Segmentation fault