Re: [Easytag-mailing] comments & suggestions

Hi Mark,

-----Message d'origine-----
De : Mark T. Valites <valites geneseo edu>
À : easytag-mailing lists sourceforge net
<easytag-mailing lists sourceforge net>
Cc : lsevers0 binghamton edu <lsevers0 binghamton edu>
Date : dimanche 7 avril 2002 19:58
Objet : [Easytag-mailing] comments & suggestions

>Wonderful program guys!!  I like the changes since the last version
>quite a bit.
>
>I do have a couple of comments & questions though...
>I've dl'd & installed the latest  version from rpm (0.18-1) & am running
>it in RH 7.2.
>
>In the latest version only, when I browse to a directory of songs that
>don't have the total number of track field set,  enter a value into the
>field & apply it to all, the individual track numbers for each song all
>get set to 01.  Could this be a bug?

In fact, there are two buttons for the track fields:
 - button on the right, appliesthe both fields to all files (needed to
remove track data),
 - button on the left (#), to sequence all the tracks in the directory (01,
02, 03, ...)

>In all versions I have tried, once in a while I come across a file that
>simply refuses to accept changes to certain tags.  When attempting to
>save the changes, the program becomes unresponsive, and the machine
>sucks up CPU till I get an "out of memory" error & the program quits.
>Any idea what could cause this?  I can forward on a couple files that
>cause this to happen if it would help.

I had this bug with id3lib 3.8.0pre2.1, but not with 3.8.0pre2. Currently,
I'm using a cvs snapshot of the library (from February) which works fine. So
I recommend you to upgrade to this version (or version 3.8.0pre2)

>Any chance of getting a refresh directory command instead of refresh
>tree?  A couple thousand directories of songs can take a couple seconds
>to fresh...  Making refresh dir and/or tree as a button would be
>especially helpful too!!

There is the function Reload_Directory in the popup menu that will do that
;-)

>There's no "About", "Version", or "Information" pull down menu - these
>would be helpful for finding the version number or contact information.

See on the right of the menubar....

>Lastly, if I make a bunch of edits to a directory (but don't apply them
>immeadiately), mv the dir to another name from shell, and then attempt
>to save the changes, I get a warning for each file in the dir.   Perhaps
>changing this to only give one warning would make it easier on the
>user & not require them to click the "OK" button for each song.

When loading files, EasyTAG identifiates each file by his name. If you
rename them from the shell, how can it guess the new filenames?...  So, of
course, it doesn't find them.
You must save the changes before to rename file by an external way. If you
do it with EasyTAG, no problem occurs. :O)

>Please don't take the above comments as criticism.  This is a great
>program & it is saving me a lot of hard work!!
>
>-Mark

>Mark T. Valites
>Unix Systems Analyst
>1 College Circle - 124b1 South Hall