[Easytag-mailing] comments & suggestions

Wonderful program guys!! I like the changes since the last version quite a bit.

I do have a couple of comments & questions though...
I've dl'd & installed the latest version from rpm (0.18-1) & am running it in RH 7.2.

In the latest version only, when I browse to a directory of songs that don't have the total number of track field set, enter a value into the field & apply it to all, the individual track numbers for each song all get set to 01. Could this be a bug?

In all versions I have tried, once in a while I come across a file that simply refuses to accept changes to certain tags. When attempting to save the changes, the program becomes unresponsive, and the machine sucks up CPU till I get an "out of memory" error & the program quits. Any idea what could cause this? I can forward on a couple files that cause this to happen if it would help.

Any chance of getting a refresh directory command instead of refresh tree? A couple thousand directories of songs can take a couple seconds to fresh... Making refresh dir and/or tree as a button would be especially helpful too!!

There's no "About", "Version", or "Information" pull down menu - these would be helpful for finding the version number or contact information.

Lastly, if I make a bunch of edits to a directory (but don't apply them immeadiately), mv the dir to another name from shell, and then attempt to save the changes, I get a warning for each file in the dir. Perhaps changing this to only give one warning would make it easier on the user & not require them to click the "OK" button for each song.

Please don't take the above comments as criticism. This is a great program & it is saving me a lot of hard work!!

-Mark

Mark T. Valites
Unix Systems Analyst
1 College Circle - 124b1 South Hall