Re: Picture pausing after a few seconds of play

On Fri, 2011-01-14 at 21:29 +0100, Jens Georg wrote:
> On Wed, 2011-01-12 at 18:29 +0100, Sebastian Pölsterl wrote:
> > Hi.
> >
> > maybe I have found a solution:
> >
> > Try removing line 170 of rygel-live-response.vala [1] which is part of
> > rygel.
>
> Ok, I tried this now and it seems to help.
>
> But - if you pass the rtsp stream to totem and press pause there, you
> get the exact same behaviour of gnome-dvb-daemon

Digged a bit and the problem that is hit if you pause is:

gstdvbsrc.c:911. On pause, !object->need_unlock fails. I can remove that
condition from the dvbsrc and I can happily pause/unpause the streaming
from totem, but as I don't have the slightest idea what that does
protect, I wouldn't think it as a wise thing to do ;)

The congestion mechanism used in rygel needs a bit thinking though...