Re: Picture pausing after a few seconds of play

On Fri, 2011-01-07 at 12:46 +0100, Sebastian Pölsterl wrote:

> Am 06.01.2011 21:55, schrieb Shane Hunsley:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm having a problem with gnome-dvb-daemon. I've installed Ubuntu 10.10 a
> > spare PC with a Hauppage DVB-S2 card installed. Using the versions of
> > gnome-dvb-daemon, gstreamer and rygel that are available from the Synaptic
> > Package Manager. Initially I had problems with viewing any channels using
> > using the scanning facilities built into gnome-dvb-setup. I could not view a
> > channel on a PS3 or Totem (with DLNA plugin). I resolved that by creating a
> > channels.conf file with the w_scan utility and configuring as per the
> > gnome-dvb-daemon homepage. I can now view channels with Totem on the actual
> > PC (although its very jerky as I'm connecting with VNC). However I can't
> > view the channels with a PS3 (firmware version 3.50). All that happens is
> > the first few seconds of the channel play and then it pauses. I tried
> > updating to the latest versions of gnome-dvb-daemon, rygel, gstreamer and
> > vala but this has not resolved the problem. My problem appears similar to
> > the one posted by Jens Georg on the 28th December.
> >
> > [...]
> >
> > Is this a known problem?
> >
> Hi,
>
> first of all make sure that you are running the latest version which
> currently is 0.1.22.
>
> Could you please check if streaming over the network works without using
> rygel. In your case rtsp://<insert ip>/1/9213 should show you Channel 4.

I also tried to do this, problem is that gnome-dvb-daemon runs on a
headless machine here and only seems to bind to localhost,

jens nas:~$ lsof -n -i tcp | grep dvb
gnome-dvb 7482 jens   11u  IPv4 1247477      0t0  TCP 127.0.1.1:8554
(LISTEN)

so I tried with X11 forwarding, but I cannot connect to localhost either
(with gst-launch playbin2 uri=rtsp://localhost/1/516).

jens nas:~$ LANG=C gst-launch-0.10 playbin2 uri=rtsp://127.0.0.1/1/516
Setting pipeline to PAUSED ...
ERROR: Pipeline doesn't want to pause.
ERROR: from element /GstURIDecodeBin:uridecodebin0/GstRTSPSrc:source:
Could not open resource for reading and writing.
Additional debug info:
gstrtspsrc.c(5375): gst_rtspsrc_retrieve_sdp
(): /GstPlayBin2:playbin20/GstURIDecodeBin:uridecodebin0/GstRTSPSrc:source:
Failed to connect. (System error: Connection refused)
Setting pipeline to NULL ...
Freeing pipeline ...

Currently I also can't check in rygel since master seems to have some
regression in the external handling.