Blocking bugs in drivel 3.0.0

Drivel 3.0.0 (current SVN trunk) is now ready for GTK+3.0. libegg has
gone and the replacement GtkDateEntry isn't fully tested (because of
the problems below). libgnome and libgnomeui are going away too and
these have been dropped from drivel (therefore bonobo has gone too).
gtksourceview has been migrated from 1.0 to 2.0 and one issue is
outstanding, also below. GtkSpell now correctly finds all supported
dictionaries and a whole load of console messages about invalid casts
etc. have been fixed. There is no libglade anymore, it's GtkBuilder,
but we still need (and use at runtime) the GtkBuilder version of the
XML Glade file which has seen many, many, many updates.

Right, problems.

1. The libsoup2.2 -> libsoup2.4 transition is a mess. Some of it works
but the libsoup2.2 code that has been added to drivel needs to be
dropped and a genuine 2.4 interface created. I'm not as familiar with
this side of drivel - if anyone has more expertise debugging the actual
network connections between drivel and sites like livejournal, let me
know. The emphasis is on fixing LJ for 3.0.0 and then working on the
transition for 3.1.0.

1.1 MT support
Current SVN trunk can use MovableType (MT, Wordpress, Serendipity)
although a few niggles remain (categories and tags work in some MT and
not others). Serendipity cannot post.
Invalid request payload: xmlrpc element PARAM cannot be child of PARAM

1.2 Blogger 1.0 support appears working, albeit with a few changes I've
just made. One of which is to always ignore uri_view:
-		dj->uri_view = url;
+		dj->uri_view = g_strdup("");
url always comes back as junk for me.
http://drivel-dev.blogspot.com/
(all entries there are made via drivel)

1.3 Advogato support
Appears to work fine. http://www.advogato.org/person/codehelp/

1.4 Atom/Blogger 2.0 support
Really not sure on that one, it just seems to wait. I might just have
the wrong settings for the login. After a few other changes:
(drivel:32119): Drivel-WARNING **: parse_xml_journal_list: XML is not a
<feed>

1.5 LiveJournal
Here are the real problems. LJ didn't work with 2.1.1 either and it
fails in the same way with 3.0.0. "Could not understand server
response." GtkDateEntry replaces the custom date widget (code from
Homebank) but I can't test if it works because I can't log in to LJ.

2. Removing an account causes a crash - somehow the combo_box is not
registering the item as active until reselected. I've got a fix that
prevents the crash but that's going to be annoying. Watch for:
Drivel-Message: login_name_active = -1

(drivel:31084): Drivel-CRITICAL **: remove_username_cb: assertion
`login_name_active > 0' failed

3. GtkSourceView - the LJ syntax highlighting extensions are going to
be a real PITA to implement in GtkSourceView2.0. The whole lang file
structure has radically changed. Currently, I'm just using plain,
boring, text/html highlighting and if you agree, I'll drop support for
the LJ extensions. What were the extensions anyway? Is plain HTML
sufficient?

4. The Login menu option is not appearing in the Login window Journal
menu. I'll take a look at that in due course. The button works fine.

I've got advogato, wordpress, MT, serendipity, LJ and Blogger test
environments but I need your help on understanding where the libsoup
code is going wrong with LJ and Blogger.

Overall, /usr/bin/drivel is getting smaller with each iteration. :-)

See also:
http://www.linux.codehelp.co.uk/serendipity/index.php?/archives/181-Help-needed-for-final-libsoup2.4-fixes-in-drivel-3.0.html

Any patches, help or just general feedback appreciated.

The SVN details at SF are:
svn co https://drivel.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/drivel drivel
SF homepage:
http://drivel.sourceforge.net/