Re: 3.0.0 released

On Sat, 3 Oct 2009 19:48:06 +0100
Neil Williams <codehelp debian org> wrote:

> I'm working on a fix for the compiler-warnings bug. For now, try
> commenting out these lines in configure.ac:
>
> GNOME_COMPILE_WARNINGS([maximum])
> GNOME_CXX_WARNINGS
>
> then run ./autogen.sh again.
>
> This fix will be in 3.0.1, amongst others.

If you're using a build system (like the Debian packaging files), you
can simply specify CFLAGS to include -Wno-error and the extra warnings
will appear but not break the build. (This is how the Debian package is
now working, until 3.0.1 is ready.) If you want to retain -Werror, just
turn off the one problematic warning: -Wno-cast-align.

--

Neil Williams