Re: dogtail Fwd: Dogtail question

Hi Craig and Vita,

2012/9/27 Vitezslav Humpa <vhumpa redhat com>

If the GUI of the application in question is written using plain Swing, than I am afraid that dogtail will not be able to work with it - as swing doesn't use any native widgets since its components are not implemented by platform-specific code and instead they are written entirely in Java. This means Swing doesn't use GTK widgets that support accessibility technologies on which dogtail is built on.

Just my 2 cents - I suppose Java ATK bridge should help, as it translates Swing events into ATK events, so the app will be accessible by Sniff and Dogtail. The bridge should be available in  'java-atk-wrapper' package (I'm not sure if it is available in RHEL 5.8)

--
Vadim Rutkovsky