Re: dogtail Dogtail 0.8.0beta5 negative values for Position

Hi Manish,

Sometimes, you can get negative positional values for Nodes, that do not
appear on screen themselves, or those that already ceased to exist.

I've looked over the application you have mentioned (if I guessed right :) ),
and there is a 'table cell' element in the UI tree which is right under
a 'table column header' element. The 'table column' has positive positional
values, while the other doesn't since it's not a real part of UI, but more
of a helper meta-element. Perhaps you've been accessing that?

Or - if I understand it correctly - you've assigned some 'table cell'
node to a variable and then added more items into this table-menu?
Then possibly the whole tree-table would be reloaded with new object
representation even for those items already in place before.

Well, simply said, you get negative positional values for those Nodes
in the accessibility tree that either don't represent actual UI elements
or are not valid anymore (were closed, re-rendered etc.)

I suggest that you look over your app with 'accercizer', a tool similar
to sniff, that also shows object properties including size or position.

Please feel free to let me know if you need any help, perhaps I didn't
understand your situation correctly. You can also find me at #dogtail
channel on freenode, that might be the simplest.

Cheers,
Vita