Re: dogtail Test for widget visibility

Cole Robinson wrote:
Hi all,

I was wondering if there is a mechanism in dogtail to test for widget
visibility: as in, is 'widgetname' visible/focusable? 'focus' doesn't
seem to facilitate this as it doesn't return an error code or bool or
whatnot, and I can't seem to find any other clean way to do it.

Since I still haven't found any non-hack way to get this info from
dogtail, I'm curious if anyone else thinks this would be a useful
addition to the package. It seems to me to be a test case one would want
to have at their disposal for gui testing, and I would be willing to
work on a patch if people thought it was valuable.

- Cole

Three that I can think of that *may* help are: node.showing, node.focusable, and node.sensitive - if none of those by itself helps, maybe some combination of them will?

Zack