Re: dogtail recorder?

Here's an example of the problems we are seeing. I ran gedit and
recorded the session, then saved the script and added the "run" line.
Also the "..." in "Open Files..." is recorded as one character. We
noticed in an example script that this needs Unicode fixing.
In the application we merely hit alt-F to open the File menu, that line causes an error.

#!/usr/bin/python
from dogtail.procedural import *

# Start gedit.
run('gedit')

focus.application('gedit')
keyCombo("<Alt>f")
focus.dialog(u'Open Files\u2026')
type("o")
keyCombo("Up")
keyCombo("Up")
keyCombo("Down")
keyCombo("Up")
keyCombo("Down")
keyCombo("Return")

bash-3.1$ python test3.py
Creating logfile at /tmp/dogtail/logs/test3_20060926-153730_debug ...
Detecting distribution: Red Hat/Fedora/derived distribution
GTK Accessibility Module initialized
GTK Accessibility Module initialized
Bonobo accessibility support initialized
application finalize called
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "test3.py", line 8, in ?
    keyCombo("<Alt>f")
  File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/dogtail/procedural.py", line 332, in keyCombo
    focus.widget.node.keyCombo(combo)
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'keyCombo'

application finalize called

-Bill Carter