Re: dogtail Problem in Dogtail installation

On Tue, 2006-12-12 at 11:08 +0800, Sankar Ramanathan wrote:
Dear Guys,
I introduce my self, my name is Sankar. I need your help to use Dogtail.

I am using Fedora Core 6. I am new to Fedora. When i installed  Fedora, I included AT-SPI,Python and ImageMagic package.

I downloaded pyspi-0.6.1 and dogtail-0.6.1 from your website.

IIRC, dogtail and pyspi RPM packages are part of Fedora Core 6, so typing
  yum install dogtail
as root should install it (and its dependencies).

I could not find how to install the pyspi-0.6.1.

But i use the following command to install. I got the following error.

[root Success pyspi-0.6.1]# python setup.py install --prefix=/usr/local
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "setup.py", line 12, in ?
    raise ImportError, inst
ImportError: No module named Pyrex.Distutils
[root Success pyspi-0.6.1]#

You'd need to have Pyrex installed if you want to build it from source like this.  But using RPMs is probably easiest.

After then i installed Dogtail-0.6.0 using the following command.
# ./setup.py install --prefix=/usr/local

It installed Successfully.

This may cause problems if you follow my advice above to install it via yum - you'll have two versions installed, one from RPM in /usr, the other from the above in /usr/local.   If you decide to use RPMs you may want to clean out the /usr/local copy.

After then i run the file "gedit-test-utf8-procedural-api
.py" from examples folder.

I got the following error.

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "gedit-test-utf8-procedural-api.py ", line 4, in ?
    from dogtail.config import config
ImportError: No module named dogtail.config
May be symptoms of the above problems.

I know you are very busy. But please, help me fix the problem and to learn how to use dogtail. Your help is very much appreciated.

Hope the above helps
Dave

[snip]