Re: dogtail-devel How to get the dimension of an application

Alexander Todorov wrote:
Hello,
I am trying to "remote-control" a VNC session using Dogtail raw input module. I need only to typeText in the VNC window and that's working fine provided that the window has received focus.

Hi Alexander,

Cool! I never thought of using Dogtail that way :)

My question is: Is there an easy way to get the window dimensions (x,y, w, h) once I have the application object returned from Dogtail. I've tried exploring atspi.Application which I believe is the underlying accessible object but couldn't find how to get a gtk.gdk.Window() object from that.

The interface that implements that information is called Component. Most GUI widgets do implement the Component interface and therefore can provide that information, but the Application interface does not. However, each of the toplevel *windows* of the Application instance should. In dogtail try the 'position' and 'size' attributes of a those Node instances.

Zack

I am not a GTK expert and any tips are welcome.

Thanks,
Alexander.