Re: Feedback on users/gnome-calculator/3.24/scientific.page

Hi John,

On Sat, 2017-04-08 at 11:23 -0400, JOHN KIRK wrote:
This does not work.

   If I 1 by 200 the right answer is 1/200 = 0.005

   But if I follow your 'scientific' notation instructions I get 50!

   That is 1 / 2 X 102 = 50   What happens is the 1/2 division is
done first and then the multiplication.

   To be blunt, you DO NOT HAVE SCIENTIFIC NOTATION.  Because if you
did then the sequence '2 X 102' would be handled as one number that
equals 200
    instead of 2 times 100.   Let me suggest you use 2E+2 to make
clear it is a number, not a sequence of operations.

   And while I have your attention let me point out that your
documentation on how to use the other buttons on the calculator are
written with the assumption that
   I ALREADY know how they work.    I suggest you rewrite them based
on how the Windows calculator work so I could figure out what the
Ubuntu calculator buttons
   do.

Feel free to report any software bug as a bug report in the bug
tracking system at bugzilla.gnome.org:
https://wiki.gnome.org/Community/GettingInTouch/Bugzilla/Guidelines

Thanks,
andre