Feedback on admin/system-admin-guide/3.18/login-banner.page

I am a bit confused about the instructions on the subject line.
The instructions are incomplete.

Could they be in the form of a tutorial?

Could it be followed up by a simple actual example with step by step rules (tutorial).
For example, I am wanting to post a message that I would also place into   /etc/issue
With the desire that the /etc/issue would also be shown as a banner on the logon page.

For example
1) cd /etc/dconf/profile/gdm
2
3