    From: Ryan Pavlik <abiryan ryand net>
    Subject: Re: divifund question
    To: auler213 yahoo com
    Cc: divifund-list gnome org
    Date: Thursday, February 12, 2009, 1:12 PM

    It seems python-gobject changed its filenames.  In the setup.py file in
    Divifund, find the line that is:
        if item=='gobject.so':
    (line 33)
    and change it to
if item=='_gobject.so':

    It should then install fine.

    Hope this helps, sorry for the delayed reply - I hadn't
     looked at Divifund
    in a while and it turns out my web host even broke its web site (now fixed).  I
    could reproduce your problem here on Ubuntu Intrepid, and this change let it
    install and run for me, hopefully it works for you too.

    Ryan

    Ron and Glo Auler wrote:
    > Hello-
    > I really like the divifund software and have been using it for years on
    Fedora 4.  When I recently upgraded to Fedora 10, I had trouble reinstalling
    divifund.  It tells me it needs a dependency called gobject - "gobject not
    found".  I did a searched for gobject in the add/remove software and
    installed everything it came up with, but still no luck - could divifund need a
    different version of gobject?
    > Thanks for any hints you can give me on how to get divifund up and running
    again.

     Gloria

    -- Ryan Pavlik
    www.cleardefinition.com