Re: Upcoming changes

But is it really an issue ? Is there any need for intermediate
products
of a build to be reproducible, aside from general 'reproducible
build'
desires ?

I suspect the concern is indeed general reproducible build desires.
Debian cares about this more than we do, and it would be unfortunate
for them to lose reproducibility where they have it already. I don't
think this should be a blocker for GNOME, though. Regardless, this
issue would be best addressed via an upstream bug against Vala.

Michael