Re: New important releases of Maps

Hi!

I do not maintain libchamplain, I have requested a release from the maintainer!

About other GNOME apps using Maps. I do unfortunatly not have the time to be a driving force there. I can help out if someone else take lead. I am not sure if them requsting use of the Mapbox API key is warranted or if the usage is small enough that asking OSM for permission is best.

Thanks!

Den 22 aug 2016 9:23 em skrev "Jeremy Bicha" <jbicha ubuntu com>:
On Mon, Aug 22, 2016 at 2:49 PM, Jonas Danielsson <the sator gmail com> wrote:
> Another note, if you are the maintainer of GNOME Maps for your
> distribution please consider maintaining libchamplain as well. And try
> to take the latest version possible. This will help your Maps version
> a lot. The next release of libchamplain (0.12.4, unreleased as of now)
> will provide speed ups to all versions released today by allowing more
> concurrent HTTP requests. So please update if your distro allows!

Could you please do a libchamplain release then?

I didn't get around to filing individual bugs yet, but what's the plan
for core GNOME apps like Contacts and Evolution that currently use
libchamplain to try to load Mapquest-provided maps?

I'm thinking it makes sense for the same people that worked with
Mapnik to get GNOME Maps working could ask Mapnik if a few other apps
could be included in the same offer.

Thanks,
Jeremy Bicha