Re: What can GNOME do to help distros in the switch to GNOME 3?

Dear all,

Following up on the 'other' initiative towards collaboration I'd like to confirm that we are moving forward with a face to face session between the GNOME release team and distribution representatives on site during the GNOME 3.0 hackfest @ Bangalore during the week of March 28 to April 1.

We have received attendance confirmation from some of the major GNOME packagers/maintainers to the hackfest/conference and we could definitely add this topic to the agenda.

At this stage we will have the pleasure to have representatives of openSUSE, SLED (still trying to convince Stefan though) but Bharath will be there obviously), Debian, Oracle and are still trying to get the right people from Canonical (he just had a new baby - well his wife did...) and someone from Red Hat (Matthias won't make it).

I hope this will encourage others on this list who feel they have something to say to step up and join us in our effort.

Thank you.

Fred