Re: Warning of crashers coming from distribution versions

Hi Brian,

Le lundi 28 février 2011 à 10:25 -0600, Brian Cameron a écrit :
> Josselin:
>
> Could you provide a pointer to the bug or patch?  I am not sure what
> issue you are talking about even after skimming nautilus-list myself.

This is bug #602500, fixed in 2.32 with b10ccbc5.

> I notice the fix was not backported to nautilus 2.30 in GNOME git, so
> when you say it was backported, I guess you mean something else?

I mean I backported it in the 2.30 squeeze packages.

> If
> there is a serious crasher, perhaps it makes sense to see if a new
> 2.30 release can be made with this fix.

Bugfix releases of versions for which we assure long-term support would
always be appreciated :)

Nevertheless, I was not talking about this specific issue, but of the
general problem of informing distributors when several bugs flow from a
non-patched (or sometimes wrongly patched) package.

Cheers,
--
 .''`.
: :' :     “You would need to ask a lawyer if you don't know