Re: Stable .3 releases

On Wed, 2007-01-24 at 10:32 +0100, Vincent Untz wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> After some discussion on IRC about stable .3 releases, I'm wondering how
> useful those releases are. They're taking time to our maintainers and
> many already don't have enough time for what they'd love to do...
>
> Are stable .3 releases packaged and uploaded in your OS?

Gentoo Linux stable (will be the next 2007.0 release) currently ship
gnome 2.16.1 and always the latest release on testing/unstable. We
probably will skip 2.16.3 since we plan to add 2.18.0 in time (currently
we have the beta/rc on a separete repository) so we can stablize it
fast.
But there's always a possibility to stablize 2.16.3 if it fixes most of
the bugs we have opened because we have the policy to not ship 3rd party
patches and push all bugs to upstream.