Re: Migration of dia-list to GNOME Discourse instance

On Tue, 20 Oct 2020 10:51:57 +0200
Slavko via dia-list <dia-list gnome org> wrote:

I am happy to see, that i am not only one with this point of view.
I will not register, nowhere and especially no for ML with 10
messages/year. I think, that nobody will register to only post one
occasional question.

I hadn't thought of that, but it's true. What's wrong with the list
isn't technical, it's that most posts are newbie stuff or weird feature
requests.

In the 20 years I've used dia, Inkscape has been playing catch-up, and
Inkscape still has a perfectly functional mailing list. I've always
needed to convert dia to Inkscape before making a real graphic, so,
well, if the mailing list is taken away, maybe I'll just find non-dia
ways to make block diagrams and network diagrams.

I believe, that real reason is failure to solve failed DKIM (and
DMARC) related things, only wrapped in some nice PR words...

Yes. And the funny thing is, other mailing lists have dealt with these
things quite nicely.

SteveT

Steve Litt
http://www.troubleshooters.com/thrive