Re: Stepwise Animation with Dia+Python

On Tue, 2019-10-15 at 19:56 +0200, José Irigon via dia-list wrote:

Hi,
I am trying to make a simple animation with dia and Python.
However, I have not been able to refresh the display at each step.

Below is a simple example (supposing I have 1 object on the diagram):

def test_callback(data, flags):
    objects = layer.objects.active_layer
    for obj in objects:
        for i in range(3):
            obj.move(10,i)
            dia.active_display().add_update_all()
            dia.active_display().flush()
            time.sleep(1)

Seems unlikely sleep would would here, you probably want to use a glib timeout instead. Can't say I know how to approach that with pygtk though

At the end of the loop the object is moved, but not step by step.

Would it be possible to do that?

regards!

sss

FAQ at
http://live.gnome.org/Dia/Faq

Main page at
http://live.gnome.org/Dia

--
Zander Brown <zbrown gnome org>

GNOME Design Tooling (Icon Preview, Colour Palette)
GNOME Clocks
Dia Diagram Editor
King's Cross / KGX