Re: Doing some work on Dia

Le 3 juin 2018 19:03:39 GMT+02:00, Michael Ross <michael e ross gmail com> a écrit :
There are probably authors out there to discuss Dia with:

Steffen is still out there:

I personally think Dia continues to be a worthwhile program.  I still use it. But I am not a coder, and I am happy using it as is.  I will be very disappointed when it falls out of OS support. It still runs what i want under Win10.

On Sun, Jun 3, 2018 at 8:47 AM, Thomas Harding <tom thomas-harding name> wrote:
Le 3 juin 2018 12:00:45 GMT+02:00, Tomas Pospisek <tpo2 sourcepole ch> a écrit :
>Hello everybody,
>
>Am 11.02.2018 um 19:03 schrieb Tomas Pospisek:
>
>> Also wondering a bit about the health of Dia [...]
>
>So I'm very slowly doing some work on dia [0]. I'm trying to document
>everything I do via Dia's bug trackers [1] (new) [2] (legacy).
>
>Also I have asked here and also in Gnome developper's IRC channel how
>get fixes and work upstream, but haven't had anybody yet to take up
>responsibility to either guide patches und work upstream or to let me
>do
>the work upstream. If anybody'd know how to proceed here, then I'd be
>very happy to know.
>
>Anyway, if anybody wants to help:
>
>* triaging bugs
>* providing patches or testing patch
>* going through dia forks [3] and extracting useful things
>
>then you're very welcome :-)! I'll also gladly take pull requests :-)
>[4]
>
>Greetings!
>*t
>
>[0] https://github.com/tpo/dia/commits/develop
>[1] https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/dia/issues
>[2]
>https://bugzilla.gnome.org/buglist.cgi?bug_status=UNCONFIRMED&bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=REOPENED&bug_status=NEEDINFO&list_id=313412&product=dia&query_format=advanced
>[3] https://github.com/GNOME/dia/network
>[4] https://github.com/tpo/dia

It seems no one can get in in touch with dia maintainers for years.

I expect that happened after SO complained "here" for a commercial distribution of dia, presented as a MS Visio clone (as I remain, a long thread tittled "Dia is a ripp-off").

If anyone wants to enlist as maintainer, I guess the only way is to writing to bugmaster gnome org , hoping they'll allow a new one.

See that page :
https://wiki.gnome.org/MaintainersCorner
--
Je suis née pour partager, non la haine, mais l'amour.
Sophocle, /Antigone, 442 av. JC

Michael E. Ross
(919) 585-6737 Land
(919) 901-2805 Cell and Text
(919) 576-0824 Tablet, Google Phone and Text

Steffen didn't have any activity on any channels I checked since 2014. Even more, all provided pointers on that page points to cybersquatting or 404.

Something has happened.