GML Support?

Hi,
I work in the research sector and would love to use dia as a visualisation tool for some biological connectivity data that we can pull out of another piece of software in one of a few formats; SVG works but imports them as image pieces (as expected) with no object connectivity. It looks like the best export format for those tools is called GML (graph markup language; sadly there's also an unrelated GML format for something else).

I'm wondering if anybody's written a GML importer. If not, I'm hoping it's relatively straightforward to munge GML to dia's internal format (but any hints on that would be appreciated).