My two cents about DIA

Hi!

I really like DIA.  I have found it particularly helpful for teaching students about ER diagrams, and I also, until recently, have used it for other diagrams needed for technical reports.

My wishes are:

  • Make it easier to add more connection points so that diagram objects can be better lined up

  • Make it possible to control the size of an object

  • Make it easier to build custom objects like those used for the UML objects

    I would like to use DIA for simple UML diagrams but I find it very hard to customize these objects as they seem to be hardcoded.

With respect to some of the other issues:

  • I do not like building diagrams online and prefer to do it on my own machine

  • I am not terribly concerned about the development tool

  • I am not terribly concerned about xml versus json

All the best . . .

Phil Troy

Philip M. Troy, Ph.D.

Conseiller principal, analytique
CIUSSS  du Centre-Ouest-de-l’Île-de-Montréal Université McGill
Phil Troy CCOMTL ssss gouv qc ca

Main page at http://live.gnome.org/Dia