Re: Maintaining / Helping out on Dia

On Sun, 2 Dec 2018 21:21:50 -0500
Michael Ross via dia-list <dia-list gnome org> wrote:

I believe that Steffen (managed producing a windows installer) and
Hans Breuer (who was the main decision maker about the direction of
development) have passed on to their next incarnation. I think Tomas
was suggesting to contact Gnome personnel.

Right now Dia is pretty much self-contained and pays no tariffs to the
likes of systemd. Handing it over to the Gnome people would eventually
result in a Dia very picky about what WM/DE and even what init system
the user is using. I'd suggest staying away from Gnome and Freedesktop
for these reasons, so anyone running GNU/Linux can use it.

SteveT

Steve Litt
December 2018 featured book: Rapid Learning for the 21st Century
http://www.troubleshooters.com/rl21