Maintaining / Helping out on Dia

Hi All,

I know this has been asked before but I would like to voice my support as well.

I saw Tomas Pospisek's (CC'ed) message on the Dia mailing list some time ago about maintaining Dia and getting fixes merged into upstream ("Doing some work on Dia").  I was wondering if Tomas or anybody else had time to get in touch with Gnome developers / maintainers?

As I replied on the list to a previous email last month, I find it a shame that such a useful piece of software is without active development.

In the original "Doing some work on Dia" email, Tomas mentioned:
Anyway, if anybody wants to help:

* triaging bugs
* providing patches or testing patch
* going through dia forks [3] and extracting useful things

I could help out with any of those (been coding in C for more than 10 years) - at the current time I can only guarantee a few minutes here and there, though I definitely want to get involved.  I was wondering though if I could go about these in a prioritised / structure manner?  Or rather what would be the most helpful?

Also I'm guessing at the moment there is no real roadmap, etc?  Would it be useful first to come up with one?  I'm open to discussion on the dia mailing list or IRC channels (though would prefer offline discussion via email / gitlab issues).

Tomas Harding also suggested getting in touch with the authors directly, the only email I could find was Steffen Macke's (CC'ed) or even with the Gnome Bugmaster (also CC'ed).

In any case, I would be really happy to see development on Dia resume :-)

Thank you all for the great work done on Dia everyone!

Best Wishes,
Eduard