Re: Finding a solution for printing a dia diagram on large format printers

On Sat, 21 Apr 2018 19:02:01 +0200
basaburu <basaburu basatu org> wrote:

hello

I need to print a planning map several meters long on a large format
printer.

The largest format offered in "dia" is an A0

I need to print 1m vertically and horizontally indefinitely

How can I get this?

One way is to just convert it to svg, and then edit it with an editor
or with Inkscape. Here's my shellscript to convert a dia file to a
plain svg file:

https://pastebin.com/JYu09cY8

My main reason for using dia is the nice sticky connectors. Once I've
finalized everything's position, I can just convert to SVG. I keep the
dia file in case I need to move stuff around again, in which case I can
reconvert.

HTH,

SteveT

Steve Litt
April 2018 featured book: Troubleshooting Techniques
     of the Successful Technologist