Re: Can't enter text at all

On 03/12/17 18:01, Chris Green wrote:
On Sun, Dec 03, 2017 at 10:28:50AM -0500, Michael Ross wrote:
   On Dec 2, 2017 2:41 PM, "Chris Green" <[1]cl isbd net> wrote:

     Maybe I'm being silly (very likely!) but I can't get text into dia
     at
     all.
     If I hit Enter in a selected shape then I get the 'I' cursor but as
     soon as I type anything the cursor changed to something else and no
     text appears.
     What am I doing wrong?

   This is an "is it plugged in?" suggestion. Is the text color the same
   as th background?

I don't think so, text objects work OK now and the text shows up.
When I hit F2 or Enter in a object I get the I-beam but the cursor
doesn't move when I type.

I'm beginning to thing that I simply haven't yet selected an object
which allows text entry.  If someone could point me at an object that
definitely does have text entry then I could try it.
In the "Flowchart" category, almost all objects support text entry
except the connectors and logical operators.

HTH

Cheers. Bye.

Ph. A.

--