Re: Can't enter text at all

Greetings, Chris Green!

On Sat, Dec 02, 2017 at 08:58:54PM +0100, Philippe Andersson wrote:
Have you tried selecting the shape, then pressing F2?

Yes, exactly the same symptoms, I get the I-beam cursor but on
entering text (well, hitting keys) nothing happens.

Not all shapes are designed to contain text, mind you.

I've tried several different shapes and I do get the I-beam, just no
text.

Not all shapes have text field.
Have you tried with an actual text label?
Which Dia version/which OS ? Which input methods have you tried?

--
With best regards,
Andrey Repin

Sorry for my terrible english...