Dia and reactive planning (was: Dia Discontinued)

Hi Rob,

I'm curious, what sorts of features in newer versions of Python would be
helpful to your project?

I'm halfway through your introductory paper on Instinct
(http://www.robwortham.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/ICAPS-2016-PlanRob-Instinct-Planner.pdf)
and would highly recommend it to anyone who, like me, knows nothing
about robot AI or "reactive planning".  It might very well be great for
those well versed in the field, too.  But the fact that it is well
written and low on acronyms makes it very approachable for outsiders
like me.

Your use of Dia is interesting.  Do you have any videos of robots
controlled by plans like the sample on your website?

http://www.robwortham.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/Dia-Plan4.jpg

How well is the visual planning approach working for you?  Are you at
all constrained by lack of hierarchy in a single Dia UML diagram?  Or
are the plans generally small?  Or have you constructed a way to nest
diagrams?  Or is it too soon to tell whether the visual approach will
suffice for complex plans?

What kinds of limitations in Dia and/or Python did you hit?  Coding

limitations (like getting the UML - to - plan code working)?  Or UI /

usability issues?  Etc?

I can't speak for anyone else on the list, of course, but I'd
certainly be interested in hearing more about your project in general,
and experiences with Dia in particular.

Cheers,

Johann