selecting object with keyboard

Dear Mr/Mrs:

  I am using dia (.97) on windows. It is a great software. But when I am selecting object, some questions poped out in my mind:

  Can I select object by keyboard shortcut like [ctrl + …], something like that, or using the menu bar, first [atl+ T],then navigate to the desired object?

  But when I use the second menu bar method, after I press [alt + T], I could not use keyboard shortcut to select the desired object, although every object has a capital letter following the name in the menu. Is not that supposed to mean the shortcut for the object ?

Sent from Mail for Windows 10