Re: Moving objects and keeping connectors to the outside world intact

Hello Andrey,

thanks for your answer...

If they are an actual CONNECTORS in the Dia's sense, they WILL still be
connected. Assuming you exactly MOVE the objects, not cut and paste.

Ah, I think this is the problem: They aren't connectors in Dia's sense, but polylines linked to the rectangles of UML classes.

(if I remember right, I first started with connectors, but then felt that I need more freedom concerning line points, and arrow styles).

So, my problem seems to be that the whole lines get selected and moved, although their end points are actually outside the selection, connected to an uml class outside the selection rectangle.

In other words, my initial expectation was, that if the line is connected to a non-selected uml class, that connection is kept while moving, although dia seems to work the way that the whole line is moved, and the connection to the non-selected uml class gets broken in that situation.

Does this sound like a senseful explanation of the behaviour I see?

Wolfgang