Moving objects and keeping connectors to the outside world intact

Hello,

I am using dia to set up a diagram of about 200 entities, connected with each other by various connectors.

A task I would like to perform right now is:
- Select all objects in a rectangular area
- Move them to some other place
- Keep all connectors from those objects to the outside world intact.

The behaviour I see is that once I move my selection, a connector from an entity A inside the selection to an entity B outside the selection looses the connection to entity B.

Simply because the connector end outside the selection isn't kept where it is (which would end up in a different connector length or angle) but moved with the selection.

How can I avoid this IMHO rather unfortunate behaviour? I have learned that if I group two entities, and don't add the connectors to the group, I get the desired behaviour. But when setting up the selection to form the group, the connectors to the outside world are added to the group as well, which again results in the unwanted behaviour described above.

Can you tell me how I can do this, or can't it be done in dia at all?

Thanks,

Wolfgang