Re: svg:transform rotate

Greetings, Hans Breuer!

But with master you can load the respective SVG and export it as shape to
get the desired effect (see attachement).

I've got around it by using svg:path. However, the "z" command is not executed
correctly, leaving a visual gap in place of the joint.

Gap confirmed with dia-0-97 branch and GDK renderer. One benefit of the big
renderer interface change on master is preserving the close information.
Formerly only Renderer::fill_bezier() was known to be closed, while
Renderer::draw_bezier() was used for closed or open stroking. Now there is
Renderer::draw_beziergon() to stroke and/or fill.

Now, you make me want to set up windows building environment for Dia >.<
Are you up for answering a bunch of stupid questions?

[...]
However, there's another problem with this shape.
1. I can't seem to make it 3x3, even if I add a background r=1.5 circle, the
resulting shape is a little thinner. Is this, perhaps, because ellipse is a
little taller than 3 units?
Good guess, but it works for me with current master and the r=1.5 circle.

After another try it worked for me too. Thanks.

2. How can I override the line colors and styles for certain elements of the
shape?
Again this works for me with master. Setting shape colors is certainly
possible with dia-0-97 as well, but I can confirm the lack of color with
the released version and your shape. It is because of a deficiency
extracting the color name from the style string. Two workarounds:
  1) use numeric color representation
  2) use stand-alone fill/stroke attributes

Got it with numeric colors, thank you.

--
WBR,
Andrey Repin (anrdaemon freemail ru) 17.03.2015, <05:11>

Sorry for my terrible english...