Re: Group resizing isses

Am 02.11.2014 um 21:28 schrieb George Georgalis:
Hi Hans,

I've not had any additional group resize problems. The build from today
seems just fine too, my patched build script is attached.

Your attachement assume everyone wants to build Dia on Linux to /usr/local which for me certainly is not the case. Also it throws away alll the local changes, which certainly is not for everyone. To make patch review more easy please use unified diffs and don't mix that with some custom shell code, but ...

I imagine variable re-size handles could be complex to integrate into
preferences, but everyone I've shared my handles/connection point size
increase patch with, has been very receptive. The size of these items does
have a real useability impact.
[... but] I'm not convinced of the "real usability impact". For testing I've now changed the two sizes with my local version, too. Maybe I just need some time to get used to these;) Or I'm using Dia with a lower resolution than you.

Bigger connection points can clutter, but I
just un-enable them in the view menu when I'm not using them. Turns out,
not much toggle is required for most drawings. (but a kbd-shortcut would be
handy).

IMO the bigger handles are also cluttering the view. For the connection points I've left your background changes alone, because I don't want big white squares to disturb the appearance of ususally dark lines.

So, maybe there is a solution? An easier way to integrate the feature into
preferences for release versions might be through a toggle vs variable
option. Would you be open to adding a small, medium, large handle size
option in preferences?
Currently I dont like the visual change you propose and so I dont even think it should be user configurable.

If so, I would be willing to write some pseudo code to add the option. Interested?

Adding a preference is so easy that pseudo code wont be necessary for me. See https://git.gnome.org/browse/dia/commit/?id=f9630dab780d947695c048b99fcf1d0678b725e0 for an example if you want to do it for your version.

Regards,
        Hans